Climate of Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia Average Weather
- Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia is at 28°48'S, 114°41'E, 30 m (99 ft). See map.
- Geraldton, Western Australia has a hot mediterranean/ dry-summer subtropical climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csa) that is mild with moderate seasonality. Summers are dry and hot due to the domination of subtropical high pressure systems while winters experience moderate temperatures and changeable, rainy weather due to the polar front. These climates usually occur on the western sides of continents between the latitudes of 30° and 45°. Vegetation is adapted to the dry summers and is fragrant and oily making it susceptable to fire. The typical Mediterranean climate average monthly temperatures in excess of 22.0 °C (71.6 °F) in its warmest month and an average in the coldest month between 18 to -3 °C (64 to 27 °F) with at least four months above 10 °C (50 °F). Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Csa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Geraldton, Western Australia is situated in or near the subtropical thorn woodland biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 19.7 degrees Celsius (67.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 11.7 °C (21.1°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 20°C (68°F) on average falling to 9.8°C (49.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 24.6°C (76.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 11.3°C (52.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 31.5°C (88.8°F) and average low temperatures are 18°C (64.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 27.5°C (81.4°F) during the day and lows of 15.3°C (59.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 475.4 mm (18.7 inches) which is equivalent to 475.4 Litres/m² (11.66 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Geraldton, Western Australia you would come out nearest to the climate station at Bermuda, Bermuda.
The climate table uses colour to represent the data so you can get a good idea about the climate at a glance. The colour also helps when comparing two or more locations that you can switch between in separate tabs in your browser. There are links along the side and top to the various sections where we are adding additional details including in the new discussion section where you can read and add posts about the various aspects!
Climate of Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia Discussion
We are pleased to announce the release of the new discussion section. Here you will discover a wealth of knowledge about the various aspects of the local climate presented by our international community. We would like to invite you to help get discussion started by visiting those locations you are familiar with. Is there something noteworthy about the climate there that you can enlighten us about? Discussion is subdivided into specific topics such as the months of the year and aspects such as day length and temperature. When you have an idea of something fascinating to share please visit the specific page most fitting and add your post using the simple interface. No registration or third party network login is necessary.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Broome, Western Australia, Australia - 1430.5 kms (888.9 miles) NE
- Halls Creek, Western Australia, Australia - 1766.7 kms (1097.8 miles) NE
- Port Hedland, Australia - 1018.2 kms (632.7 miles) NNE
- Marble Bar, Western Australia, Australia - 985.7 kms (612.5 miles) NNE
- Onslow, Western Australia, Australia - 795.5 kms (494.3 miles) N
- Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia - 1872.1 kms (1163.3 miles) ENE
- Alice Springs, Australia - 1989.7 kms (1236.4 miles) ENE
- District 13 (Giles M.O), Australia - 1411.2 kms (877 miles) ENE
- Meekatharra, Australia - 449.5 kms (279.3 miles) ENE
- Wiluna, Western Australia, Australia - 598.1 kms (371.6 miles) ENE
- Cook, South Australia, Australia - 1533.2 kms (952.7 miles) ESE
- Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, Australia - 687.8 kms (427.4 miles) ESE
- Forrest, Australia - 1313.4 kms (816.1 miles) ESE
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia - 368.3 kms (228.8 miles) SSE
- Ceduna, Australia - 1855.4 kms (1153 miles) ESE
- Esperance (Po), Australia - 881.4 kms (547.7 miles) SE
- Esperance, Western Australia, Australia - 882.3 kms (548.3 miles) SE
- Albany, Western Australia, Australia - 753.4 kms (468.2 miles) SSE